Wednesday 17 April 2013

A lunch run

One of the (many) fabulous things about where I work is the easy lunchtime access to a selection of op shopping ...err opportunities.

This week Teak has been muttering about her growing urge to do an op shop run and last night I had an op shopping dream. So it was clear we needed to head out at lunchtime. We chose the Fyshwick/ Narrabundah option this time.

Teak did well at Salvos Fyshwick (and has promised to share her scores here). I bought a wooden puzzle for $1, inspired by Jan Hogan's work Little Red Riding Hood which is part of the excellent 100% Books by Canberra Artists currently showing at The Watson Arts Centre.
I did very well at Vinnies Narrabundah, scoring a number of finds for my stall at next month's Sydney Miniatures Show. The plastic baskets (one large: $2, four small: $1 each) and the black and white boxes ($2.20 for the set) will be used by shoppers to hold their items while they shop the stall. And the wool (250g 8 ply in yellow: $7.50 and three balls of 4 ply: $4 total) will be used to knit my next colour range of miniature pouffes.

One and a quarter hours later, and $20.70 poorer, I returned to work a satisfied shopper.

No comments: